THIS PAGE HAS THREE PARTS.
THE FIRST EXPLAINS WHO WE ARE & GIVES CONTACT INFO.
THE SECOND HAS ALL THE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS/ALBUMS.
THE THIRD HAS RESTORATION & DIY INFO.
PART I: WHAT IS BOBBIN BOY?
Alan & Milissa Dewey are "Bobbin Boy", a husband & wife team based in Asheville, North Carolina. Alan is a master woodturner from Yorkshire & London, England, and has worked with antiques & antiques restoration for nearly 30 years. Milissa is a PhD educated historian, a journeyman woodturner, and also has worked in the fiberarts for over 20 years.
- How to find us: Bobbin Boy
- How to contact us: BobbinBoyMail@gmail.com
This will route you to an email processor that will send the email to us. Please note that due to the email wars between Google and Yahoo, those with Yahoo-based accounts may experience difficulties getting mail to or from us. We cannot help this, and deplore it, but wanted to give you a heads up. We ourselves have had to switch to gmail as a consequence.
- How to estimate costs & know what to send to us: Prices & Procedure
SPINNING & OTHER FIBERARTS SKILLS
If you have a question about technique, history, or repairs that is not answered here, pop us a note! If we can do what you need to know how to do, we will make a video for you.
- hand spindles (drop & otherwise)
- general info useful for most flyer-based wheels (modern & antique), especially double drive
- great / walking wheels
- tools & toys
PART III: RESTORATION
& DIY HOW-TO
- at home without specialized equipment
- in a woodturning shop (i.e. you probably need a lathe)